Thursday, September 18, 2014

Welcome 2014 School Year!!

Welcome 2014!
     I know this is a time that you are building relationships and routines with your students.  You are beginning to find out more information about how to reach them as learners.  This year, my first year not having my own students and a classroom to set up, has felt different.  It has been exciting because I have worked with many of you over June, July, and August on Universal Reading and Writing Instruction, so it doesn't always feel like a new beginning.  During the last few weeks, as I have been out in schools and been able to connect with former students or summer school students, it has begun to feel like a New Year!  One of my favorite connections happened yesterday, when I saw a 2nd grade student that I had worked with on developing beginning reading skills, saw me and the first words from her mouth were, "I'm a good reader now!"  Her smile was priceless! Those are the successes I cherish!  When students have that pride of accomplishment! The hugs are also great too!
     As part of my Literacy Coaching Goals this year I am committed to helping teachers and students meet those learning goals and also experience that sense of accomplishment!  I am reminded of the importance to giving all students those opportunities to succeed and remembering that some of them don't have the skills "Yet".  But with guidance and instruction they will meet their goals!

Here is a link to the Fall Literacy Coaching Request Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment