Saturday, November 14, 2015

Notice and Note Close Reading Strategies

I have had the opportunity to work in a few classrooms and help introduce students and teachers to the Notice and Note Signposts.  Earlier this spring, I was able to participate in a book study on the book
Notice and Note Strategies for Close Reading by Kylene Beers & Robert E. Probst.  We had some great conversations on how to use these strategies with elementary students. We found a great Live Binder with links to videos from the authors.  
I have had a few coaching requests to work in classrooms to teach the students and teacher about the signposts. I created a Notice and Note Google Presentation with references to the mentor texts used to teach these signposts.  Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about these great literacy strategies.

In one classroom, after modeling and practicing the signposts together, we had the students try finding the signposts in their independent reading.  We were very pleased with the results and had some great group discussions!


1 comment:

  1. I updated this post because one of the links wasn't working. They should all be working now!

    ReplyDelete